Since its launch in 2015, Thailand Lighting Fair (THLF) has grown to serve the region’s flourishing lighting industry and is continually expanding its scope to cater to market demands.
Being as an annual fair for ASEAN’s lighting and building industries, concurrently held with Secutech Thailand 2019, three fairs welcomed over 300 exhibitors from 18 countries, including Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Singapore, Germany, Belgium, France and Italy with an exhibition space of 15,000 sqm. The fairs also welcomed over 10,200 visitors from 48 countries and regions, including China, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Japan, Philippines, Thailand and more.
This year, Thailand Lighting Fair will become part of the Digital Thailand Big Bang 2019. Following the previous successful shows and by joining forces with Digital Thailand Big Bang 2019 under the theme ASEAN Connectivity with the main focus on Smart + Energy addressing especially Smart City Solutions, the show not only gathers the lighting industry peers in Thailand, but will also create learning and business opportunities to drive the economy and society with smart and digital technologies, but also provide an innovative and creative platform in the ASEAN region.
•Capitalise on Thailand’s booming USD1 billion lighting industry.
•Thailand is the second largest importer of lamps and light fittings in Southeast Asia.
•Thailand’s LED market is experiencing exponential growth with a forecast value of USD2 billion by 2022.
•Having the geographical advantage, Thailand plays an important road for ASEAN market.
•The rapid urbanisation brings challenges but also create opportunities to both Thailand and the ASEAN region.
•Tap into well-established connections with local and international industry associations and government bodies.
•Provides an optimal collaborative platform where cities in ASEAN work together to achieve the common goal of smart and sustainable development.
•An international quality fair under Messe Frankfurt’s globally-recognised Light + Building brand of trade shows.
|Date||28 – 31 October 2019|
|Opening times||10:00 – 19:00|
|Venue||Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Center,(BITEC), Bangkok, Thailand|
|Exhibition space||15,000 sqm gross (in 2018)|
|No. of exhibitors||Over 300 exhibitors and brands (in 2018)|
|No. of booths||Over 560 booths (in 2018)|
|No. of visitors||Over 10,200 (in 2018)|
The fair is divided into four major sections
- Smart Lighting: City, Factory, Workplace, Hotel and Retail shop
- Smart Parking
- Smart Building
- Energy Management
- Daylight & Solar Energy
- Smart Lighting Technology, Intelligent Sensor, Dimming & Control, Smart Lighting Platform
- Building IoT
- Facility Management
- Smart Community
The majority of the exhibitors at the fair come from Thailand, Indonesia, China, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan. Leading brands at the fair include Nex Inno Tech, Osram, Lampitudem, Vollkom, LED Korea, Syslink, ABB, Jung Thailand and KNX. The latest in light and building technologies and solutions from the industry is showcased for the ASEAN community.
Exhibitor profile at Thailand Lighting Fair 2018
- Commercial and industrial lighting
- Urban and architectural lighting
- Residential lighting
- Electric lights
- Outdoor lighting
- Technical lighting
- Green lighting
- LED technologies
- Lighting accessories, components and equipment
- Decorative Lighting
- Smart Lighting Applications and Solutions
- Solar and Renewable Energy
Exhibitor profile at Thailand Building Fair 2018
- Smart building technology
- Design services and building automation
- Software for construction
- Light control systems
- Plumbing and water technology
- Solar energy
- Audio and video systems
- Systems integration
- Generic cabling systems
- Intelligent sun shading systems
- Electrical accessories and materials
- Power supply and distribution systems
- Energy management systems
- Electricity supply, distribution equipment and electrical products
- Power supply, instruments, gauges and tools
- Electrical energy-efficiency modification equipment
- Control equipment, meter and monitoring, and dimmer switches
- Sockets and switches
- Lightning protection systems and equipment
While lighting market in Thailand is getting more mature, the building market is starting up in this hit wave of smart technology. The fairs attracted over 15,000 visitors from over 30 countries, aiming at educating the local public about smart concepts, meeting the rising demand of integrated solutions on both lighting and building industry which highlighted the improved energy efficiency and smart lifestyle of Thailand.
The number of visitors visiting in THLF raised year by year, presenting the more attractive of the fairs and the increased demand of lighting market in Thailand.
Visitor profile of THLF 2018 & THBF 2018
- Engineers, Builders and Contractors
- Architects, Interior Designers and Lighting Designers
- Industry End-Users and Hospitality Service providers
- Real Estate Developers and Projects Owners
- Manufacturers and Traders
- Government Bodies and Energy Efficiency Organisations
Market information – Why Thailand?
Domestically, the Thailand lighting market is worth almost USD 1 billion and has witnessed positive annual growth year after year. The Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA), for example, has undertaken a three-phase project devised to completely replace Thailand’s streetlights with more energy-efficient LEDs. With various crucial nationwide projects to improve local infrastructure, it is vitally important to see a continous grow in the industry.
Regionally, the lighting industry in Southeast Asia is already worth as much as USD 5 billion, with the LED lighting industry accounting for over USD 1.5 billion of that value. This healthy outlook demonstrates that the time to invest in Thailand and its neighbouring countries is most certainly now.
Thailand is the hub and second-largest economy of ASEAN. It has reputation on the back of its investment policies, has a well-developed infrastructure and is the hub of ASEAN.
The construction industry is forecasted to reach USD 19.9 billion in 2019. The residential construction reaches 37% of the total industry value, followed by the infrastructure construction industry at 24.6%.
Business opportunities are everywhere with the transport infrastructure.
Lighting business opportunities in ASEAN
- 3rd fast growing economy after China and India in Asia.
- 6th Largest Economy in the world.
- Becoming the 4th largest single market in the world by 2050 after USA, China and the EU with a projected average rate of 5.2% annual growth in the next 10 years.
- Ongoing closer economic integration between ASEAN member states has been agreed through the ASEAN Economic Community, established in 2015. The region is on course to become the second global single market aside from the EU. ASEAN nations have signed bilateral agreements with countries, such as China, to implement lower tariff or tariff-free agreements on LED products.
- At current growth rates, ASEAN should become the fourth-largest market in the world after the EU, US and China. USD5.3 trillion of global trade passes through its waterways each year.
- By 2030, the annual lighting products shipments in ASEAN are projected to reach around 829 million lamps.
- Thailand is one of the leading importers of lighting products in ASEAN, ranking second among all ASEAN member states for the import of general lamps, light fittings, electric filament lamps and discharge lamps.
- Thailand has a more mature and developed trade fair market than its peers and greater support from the government and related associations is anticipated.
- Among Southeast Asian countries, the Thailand lighting market is one with great market potential. In 2015, the total market value reached USD 881 million, up 7.8% compared to the previous year. The annual growth rate of the market has been increasing throughout the years from 3.6% in 2013 to 7.8% in 2015, mainly driven by the growth in the LED lighting segment.
- The LED market value in Thailand is expected to reach USD 1.97 billion by 2022.