Mr Hubert Duh, Chairman and Managing Director of Messe Frankfurt New Era Business Media Ltd, discussed the highlight of the two trade fairs this year: “ASEAN cities are booming, and this gives rise to the need for building sustainable and liveable cities of tomorrow. In the upcoming four days, global exhibitors will congregate at the fairground to unveil advanced smart city solutions and technologies. Together with the diversified events programme, the fairs aim to deepen the connection within the smart city ecosystems, further spurring the progress of smart cities in the ASEAN region.”
Diversified smart city solutions
THLF and THBF will present a vast array of products, including building IoT solutions, smart parking systems, IoT communication protocol technologies, energy-saving solutions in lighting and LED technologies, and power generation technologies. Highlighted exhibitors include:
- NEX Group, one of Thailand’s leading lighting manufacturers, will demonstrate their high-quality LED products and flagship lighting control system. This year, the company will also showcase their latest self-powered wireless technology, premiered as part of their Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) initiative.
- IHI ASIA PACIFIC (Thailand) will showcase a full range of smart parking systems, including tower parking, multi-storey parking and super square parking to meet the growing number of high-rise developments in Thailand.
- Panasonic Life Solutions, a global leader in diverse electronics technology and solution development, will showcase their photovoltaic system, lighting products, electrical construction materials, ventilation and air purification technologies.
- During the Thailand Building Fair 2019, Japanese consortium ECHONET will introduce their communication protocol designed purposely for “smart houses” of the future for the first time in ASEAN regions.
- DENKA, a Japanese chemical producer that specialises in inorganic and organic chemicals, electronics, pharmaceuticals and more. At the fair, they will present their “VINI-TAPE”, a solution for binding building and automotive electric wires with temperature resistance and colour choices.
- Fonroche Lighting, a French company, will be introducing their grid-tied, self-adaptive and solar-powered lighting system which is equipped with a remote monitoring and control system.
- Johnson Control, from the United States, will bring forward their building automation systems that evaluate, analyse and optimise indoor building environments with user-friendly attributes.
- KNX is a standard protocol implemented by smart home and smart building systems worldwide, such as lighting and blind control, security, air conditioning, ventilation, monitoring, alarm, water management, energy management, smart metering, as well as household appliances, audio-visual and more. At their pavilion, KNX members will introduce their applications and services.
Envisage the future of smart cities through dialogues
In addition to diverse solutions brought by exhibitors, THLF and THBF will also bring together key stakeholders, academics, industry experts and solution providers at the thought-provoking event programme to share insights, experience and case studies on smart building solutions and technology, energy efficiency and other key issues. Conference programme topics include:
- The global communication protocol for smart homes and buildings, organised by KNX
- Digital utility of the future for a smart and sustainable city, organised by PEA
- Buildings and the energy disruption era, led by DEDE
- Smart cities and sustainable urban development conference
Different seminars and focus groups will invite renowned speakers to discuss diverse building and lighting applications, including smart factories, smart cities, sustainable development and energy usage.
Thailand Lighting Fair and Thailand Building Fair are part of Messe Frankfurt’s Light + Building Technology fairs headed by the biennial Light + Building event held in Frankfurt, Germany, every two years. The next edition of Light + Building will take place from 8 ‒ 13 March, 2020.
Messe Frankfurt also offers a series of other light and building technology events worldwide, including the Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition, Shanghai International Lighting Fair, BIEL Light + Building in Argentina, Light Middle East in the United Arab Emirates, Interlight Moscow powered by Light + Building in Russia as well as Light India, the LED Expo New Delhi and the LED Expo Mumbai in India.
For more information on Light + Building shows worldwide, please visit www.brand.light-building.com. For more information regarding Thailand Lighting Fair, please visit www.thailandlightingfair.com; for Thailand Building Fair, please visit www.thailandbuildingfair.com
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,500 employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €718 million. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com.
- THLF19_OR_EN (pdf, 422 KB)